FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Updated as of June 2017
1. What are hours for carpet drop-off?
You can drop off carpet and pads at any time using the designated drop off bins located outside. Ignore hours on the sign by the gold drop-off bin-it is outdated.
2. How much does it cost to drop off carpet?
It costs $20.00 per car, truck, or small trailer. Place money in deposit envelope and drop into the drop-box or bring into the office if during business hours.
3. Do we really recycle it?
Yes we do! Recycled carpet and pads can be utilized for a variety of uses including: new carpet again, plastic resin for making plastic parts, new carpet pad, acoustic matting, sorbent material for water pollutants or as an energy substitute for natural gas and coal.
4. Where do I bring the carpet and pad?
840 Hampden Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55114
Telephone: (651) 645-5721
Carver County Environmental Center
116 Peavey Circle
Chaska, MN 55318
Check the website for dates and times.
Check the website for open dates and times.
Coon Rapids Recycling Center
1831 111th Ave. NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Check the website for dates and times: coonrapidsmn.gov/recycling
5. Are there any restrictions?
- Rolled residential carpet accepted
- Commercial carpet accepted only with prior approval
- Maximum 6 feet for width of carpet in rolls
- Rolls should be tied with duct tape or twine
- Separated urethane foam padding accepted
- No rubber backed carpet or rubber pad
- No carpet tile or other rigid flooring
- No carpet scraps or trimmings
- No tack strips, nails, staples or knife blades
- No wet glue, debris, refuse, rocks or caked mud
- Minimal loose dirt
- Absolutely no co-mingled refuse accepted
6. Do you take the pad?
Yes, we do.